The evening conference session of Thursday April 25th will be open to the public free of charge. We hope that residents of the Nadina Forest District will consider attending. Space is limited, so please consider early registration.
Evening Community Session: Resilience in the Nadina Forest District
Open to the public, free of charge
18:30 Doors open to the public
Refreshments and treats available
19:00 Territory Acknowledgement and Welcome
Welcome Address and Opening Remarks by Conference Chair
19:30 Regional Panel: Advancing Resilience in the Nadina Forest District.
- BC Wildfire Service and MFLNRORD: Challenges and How Organizations are Responding
- Diane Mackay, Fire Centre Manager, Northwest Fire Centre
- Brent May, District Manager Nadina Forest District, Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
- Holistic, Collaborative Ecosystem Restoration – Opportunities and Challenges
- Dr. Karen Price
- Dave Daust
- How do Community Forests Contribute to Resilience?
- Bruce Blackwell M.Sc., RPF, R.P.Bio., Principal B.A. Blackwell and Associates Ltd: Burns Lake Community Forest – Community Wildfire Plan
- Peter Tweedy RPF, Tyhee Forest Consultants Ltd.: Babine Lake Community Forest Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- Moderated Q & A